Lip Injections DO’s
- Before treatments, DO let your injector know if you have previously suffered from facial cold sores. (We can prescribe a medication to minimize recurrence.)
- DO buy Emla cream and apply it one hour before the procedure
- DO have ideas of what you want. Like a haircut, if you can bring in pictures of what you are looking to achieve, it will be very helpful to your injector.
- But at the same time, DO be realistic with your expectations. For changes as big as Kylie’s, injections were likely spaced apart by a month or so, and it was a gradual process. Such a drastic pump-up should not occur with one treatment.
- DO be prepared for a little discomfort. The dermal-fillers used for lip injections all have a numbing agent mixed in, but with an area as sensitive as the lips — you are likely still going to feel some of the injections.
- DO NOT consume alcohol or caffeine 24 hours before your treatment